Contacting Justine for bespoke orders, wholesale price lists for stockists and other enquiries
Telephone: 07887530191, Monday to Friday, 9 30am-5pm
Hector & Haddock pieces are stocked in a variety of shops and online sites both in the United Kingdom and abroad. If you are interested in stocking pieces, please just get in touch for enquiries and wholesale price lists.
Due to the nature of Hector & Haddock bespoke pieces, and the process of creating each picture, it is not possible to buy such pieces instantly. If you would like to order a phrase or motif picture, or you have an idea for a bespoke order, please email email@example.com, or fill out the contact form, and I will then respond within 24 hours and we can discuss your requirements in more detail.
Before you place your order, please ensure you have read the "Stages of Making" below. This will give you a bit more detail as to what your final piece will look like.
When emailing, please provide as much detail as possible about your locations, your ideas, who the piece is intended for, and anything else you feel may help the creative process. I will then work with your ideas and concept according to what I have in stock, and once we have decided on your final piece, I will provide you with a quote for the total cost plus P&P. I then email you a PayPal invoice, and once payment is made I commence production. I have provided prices on products in the Bespoke section to give an idea of what such pieces cost. Please note that prices for Bespoke work differ from pieces in the shop section.
Timescales for making the pictures are usually the following:
- Double, triple and quad hearts, and similar: 6-7 days
- Anchors, birds and similar motifs: 6-7 days
- Short phrase pictures: 10-12 days
- Longer phrase pictures: 2-3 weeks
These are approximate time scales, and often orders are completed sooner than expected.
All pictures are sent via Royal Mail first class signed for delivery, or by courier for larger or heavier items. Because pictures are heavy and fragile, I have to use a reputable carrier, and I am extremely careful when packaging up pieces. For more information regarding post and packaging charges, see shipping.
If you would like to speak to me directly, please call 07887530191, Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 5:00pm.
If I am unable to answer, please leave a message and I will return your call within 24 hours.
Stages of Making
- Once we have finalised your choice of medium, I locate what we need from my stock
- Your motif or phrase is carefully drawn or stencilled onto the paper of choice.
- Scissors and a scalpel are used to cut each image. Very carefully!
- Each letter or motif is pressed: often paper has been folded; pressing helps to flatten out some of the larger creases. Some, however, will always retain evidence of their natural folds.
- The image is then mounted onto the paper, and placed in the chosen frame.
- Each picture frame is stamped, and a manila tag with vintage image is attached, along with a Hector&Haddock mini-card.
- Your picture is carefully packaged up in a lot of bubble wrap, placed in a box, ready to be posted or couriered to you.