Justine Wall is available for Linocut Workshops, and has conducted these events in both schools, homes and corporate environments. Whether you require a small booking for friends and parties, or larger bookings for staff training days and business team-building events, Justine will tailor-make each workshop to your requirements. Justine is a designer, writer and qualified teacher, and, after launching Hector & Haddock in 2011, began Hector & Haddock Workshops in 2014.
Demand for creative, kinaesthetic workshops and team-building events with a difference has grown considerably over the last few years. Whether you require a holiday workshop to entertain and educate groups of children, or whether you'd like your staff to access different areas of creativity and thinking, while simultaneously engaging in team-building exercises, the medium of linoprinting is the perfect way to engage everyone: not only does the method of drawing and printing allow members to think and plan in a different way, the creation of something tangible within a few hours is what people enjoy most. After a Hector & Haddock linoprint workshop, members come away with a new skill, a piece of art they have created from scratch, and of course, a goodie bag. And who doesn't love a goodie bag?
Workshops follow a similar pattern, although again, this can be adapted to your needs:
- All equipment is provided, and set up before group members arrive
- Initial steps include learning to derive inspiration from a variety of sources for designs, exploring creativity, and drawing basic motifs, symbols and lettering
- Converting designs to reversible drawings
- Using Linocutting tools and blades to carve prints
- Inking and printing designs onto prepared cards, gift tags, or posters
- A Hector & Haddock goodie bag is provided for each group member
Workshops generally last approximately 2-3 hours, for a maximum of ten people in one sitting. Justine can be booked for a whole day's training: up to 3 workshops in 3 different sessions can be taught in a day.
Prices vary, according to the type of workshop and event.
Please contact Justine for more information.